As with just about all things logistics in North Carolina, Kanban’s warehouse service footprint continues to grow. We have recently expanded our Tarboro campus to include Kanban #7 – a 400,000-square-foot facility located within five minutes of our company headquarters. This new facility allows us to provide more space to our existing customers and to support manufacturing growth in the region.
Kanban #7, Tarboro
With the addition of this facility, Kanban’s warehousing footprint within Tarboro alone has grown to over 1 million square feet. Kanban #7 is the fifth facility within Tarboro and features high ceilings, 12 dock doors, full C-TPAT compliance, and rail boxcar unloading bays. As for highway access, the campus is minutes from I-95 and within easy reach of I-40 and I-85.
Warehouse Service Flexibility in North Carolina
Kanban #7 is the latest example of our efforts to support our customers’ growth. If an existing or new customer needs more warehouse space than is currently available, our intimate knowledge of the Eastern North Carolina real estate market enables us to quickly identify appropriate space to lease. We’ll also identify sites for companies that want to locate a new distribution center in the area and work with them to build and operate the facility. In fact, Kanban is betting on the continued growth of logistics in the area. Right next to our Rocky Mount campus (just 15 minutes from Tarboro), we laid a 175,000-sq-ft concrete pad that is construction-ready.
Eastern NC Warehouse Service
The ability to expand our footprint as needed is just one of the reasons we’re happy to call Eastern North Carolina home. The region provides us with a central location for economical East Coast distribution from which trucks can reach 70% of the U.S. population within 1 day. Other benefits of Kanban’s Eastern North Carolina warehousing operations include:
- Lower costs. Market studies have shown that our labor and space rates are lower than other East Coast warehouse markets in NC, SC and VA.
- Proximity to manufacturing plants. North Carolina is a hub for food processors and advanced manufacturing plants.
- Proximity to ports for distribution of imports. The Ports at Hampton Roads/Norfolk, VA and Wilmington, NC are two hours from our campus.
- Food-grade, climate controlled warehouse space. Perfect for your food, pharmaceutical or nutraceutical products, Eastern North Carolina is a hub for food logistics locations.
- Flexible terms. Short-term contracts are possible, allowing you to pay only for the East Coast warehouse space and services you use.
- Immediate start up. We’re talking days, not weeks.
Want to learn more about Kanban’s new warehouse location in Tarboro? Contact us for more information or to arrange a tour of the facility.