If you are looking for the best location for an East Coast warehouse, Eastern North Carolina offers some pretty compelling advantages.
- Lower costs. Market studies have shown that our labor and space rates are lower than other East Coast warehouse markets in NC, SC and VA. Because we are not located in a major metropolitan area, our costs for industrial space are lower. Also, our roads are much less congested, so your drivers can drop and pick up loads and be back on the road quickly and easily.
- Central location. The region is literally halfway between Boston and Miami, so companies that need to serve customers up and down the eastern seaboard benefit from the central location of our East Coast warehouses. The region is within 1 day, over the road, of 70% of the U.S. population.
- Excellent transportation infrastructure. Growing distribution points like Rocky Mount, NC are literally minutes from I-95 – the East Coast’s primary north-south interstate. Rail carriers CSX and Norfolk Southern and shortlines CLNA and NCYR serve the region, and many of our East Coast warehouses have direct rail siding. As for seaports, deep-water bulk, break-bulk and RORO cargo facilities are available in the Port of Morehead City. Panamax-ready Norfolk/Portsmouth, VA and the port at Wilmington, NC are an easy two-hour drive.
- Fulfillment warehouse expertise. More and more companies are recognizing the economic advantages of establishing their East Coast fulfillment centers in in Eastern NC. In fact, QVC, the world’s largest video and eCommerce retailer, has located its largest DC here.
- Quality of life. People like it in Eastern North Carolina. Perennially ranked among the best places to live, Eastern North Carolina has a temperate climate year round and is populated by communities where the neighborhoods are safer, the people are friendlier, the lifestyle is more relaxed, and just about everything is more affordable than in larger urban areas
Kanban: 5 East Coast warehouse locations
Kanban Logistics is the largest third-party logistics provider in Eastern North Carolina, with 1 million square feet of distribution space dedicated to manufacturing support, product distribution and eCommerce fulfillment. If you are considering Eastern NC for a new East Coast warehouse location, we hope you’ll consider Kanban.