Food Warehousing in North Carolina
With multiple food-grade warehouses, Kanban is one of the few Eastern North Carolina 3PLs to offer temperature-controlled food warehousing space. We’ll make sure your products stay fresh and compliant with FDA requirements, as well as your own strict standards. Our food warehousing services include just-in-time supply of ingredients to local food processors, as well as outbound distribution.
Food logistics case studies
- For a supplier of raisins, Kanban performs warehousing and ships orders as needed to regional manufacturers, enabling these customers to minimize plant inventory.
- For a maker of food packaging, Kanban stores containers in a climate-controlled food warehouse and sends JIT shipments to local food processors.
- For a marketer of nut products, Kanban performs final packaging for items to be sold on on a leading TV shopping network.
Features of Kanban’s food warehousing services
- Superior rated by AIB International. Each Kanban warehouse has a rigorous yearly inspection by this organization, which audits food facilities for safety and cleanliness.
- Advanced capabilities in stock rotation management. Our WMS system helps carefully monitor inventory by expiration date and manage to FEFO, FIFO and other inventory management methods.
- Cold chain management. We auto-monitor warehouse temperatures to stay within spec and ensure product quality standards are maintained.
- Full traceability to the lot level in case of recalls.
- Food warehousing with direct rail access. Enables use of lower-cost rail for inbound shipments.