East Coast Logistics: Import / Retail
Located within two hours of the ports of Norfolk and Wilmington, Kanban’s East Coast logistics operation offers one-million square feet of cost-effective warehouse space to support the distribution of imports to manufacturers and retailers.
Services for imported goods
- Drayage. Worried about moving your containers inland? Don’t be. Kanban will arrange drayage service and ensure your containers return to the port without demurrage fees.
- Foreign trade zone. Kanban’s Rocky Mount, NC warehouse is an active foreign trade zone, which allows you to defer duty payments. For one importer of rubber materials into the Norfolk, VA port, Kanban stores inventory, duty-free, until orders are shipped to the manufacturing plants of the importer’s customers.
Features of Kanban East Coast logistics location for imported goods
- Top-tier WMS systems with RF scanning
- All facilities certified to the ISO 9001:2015 quality standard
- Food-grade warehousing with superior ratings by AIB International
- Direct rail siding – CSX TransFLO premier provider